Using the Opt-In Feature in PoliteMail gives the recipient the choice to continue receiving emails from you. Every Mailing List you create can have it’s own custom Opt-In page.
1. To begin, create a Mailing List in PoliteMail by going to PoliteMail Ribbon > Lists > Mailing Lists.
You can either import a mailing list you’ve created in another application like Excel, or you can create a new list and populate it manually.
2. Name your Mailing List and then click the Edit button on the far-right. Change the Subscription tab from No to Yes to enable Opt-in functions. Hit Update when you’re finished.
3. Now go to Actions > View Opt-In Settings
Editing Your Opt-In Page
1. Click Modify to make changes.
2. There will be several fields to personalize your Opt-In page. When you are finished, click Save Opt-In Settings. This custom Opt-In page will be associated with your mailing list.
Adding the Opt-In page to an email
1. In the Mailing Lists grid view, go to Actions > View Opt-In Page.
2. This will bring you to your customized opt-in page you created. *You must copy this link and paste it into your email for the opt-in page to be included in the email. *
3. Go to Outlook > New Message > PoliteMail > Send to List and choose your mailing list.
4. Write the content of your message, and then click Paste to paste the link to the opt-in page. This will create a long hyperlink. To edit it, select it, right click on it, and then choose Link. In the Text To Display field, enter a shorter name.
5. Now your email should be ready to send. Your recipients will now have the option to opt-in.
Using Opt-In will allow your user to subscribe that specific list. If you’d like your recipients to have a choice on which list they subscribe to, consider using PoliteMail’s Subscription feature, which can be found in version 19.4.9. Click here to learn about the new subscription feature.